|> Fundamental Beliefs
> Our Logo and Name
> Perspectives on social issues
> Our Leaders
> Adventist Church History
> How the Church is organised
> The Church Manual
> Common Misconceptions
> Frequently Asked Question
This website is the online meeting place for the Seventh-day Adventist community in the South Pacific.
Our vision is to be a church that knows, experiences and shares our hope in Jesus Christ. This vision expresses the collective feelings of our church members and leaders.
The vision statement has three parts:
- The head knowledge (studying the Bible)
- The heart experience (unconditional commitment to Jesus Christ and to one another)
- The call to action (sharing our faith)
Barry Oliver, president of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific, believes this vision "gives definition to who we are and why we exist. It’s expression in the life and ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church will revitalise the Church and enhance its effectiveness as an agent for positive change in the community."
His personal vision is that church members will grow together in their relationship with Jesus, and that we each will know, experience and share our hope in Jesus Christ.
Our mission as a worldwide church
The mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to proclaim to all peoples the everlasting gospel in the context of the Three Angels' messages of Revelation 14:6-12, leading them to accept Jesus as their personal Savior and to unite with His church, and nurturing them in preparation for His soon return.
We pursue this mission under the guidance of the Holy Spirit through:
Accepting Christ's commission (Matthew 28:18-20), we proclaim to all the world the message of a loving God, most fully revealed in His Son's reconciling ministry and atoning death. Recognizing the Bible to be God's Revelation of His will, we present its full message, including the second advent of Christ and the continuing authority of His Ten Commandment law.
Acknowledging that development of mind and character is essential to God's redemptive plan, we promote the growth of a mature understanding of and relationship to God, His Word, and the created universe.
Affirming the biblical emphasis on the well-being of the whole person, we make the preservation of health and the healing of the sick a priority and through our ministry to the poor and oppressed, cooperate with the Creator in His compassionate work of restoration.
Our specific mission in the South Pacific
In response to the grace and calling of God and through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific exists to fulfil the great commission of Jesus Christ through sharing the everlasting gospel in the context of Revelation 14:6-12 and nurturing those who respond to its claims.
Our mission is to provide leadership and support to the unions, conferences, missions, and institutions within our territory, enabling them to:
- Support the church and its members in leading others to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour;
- Nurture spiritual growth and community;
- Develop and enhance corporate unity and purpose;
- Enrich individual and congregational worship;
- Equip ministers and congregations to reach out and serve their communities in harmony with their spiritual gifts;
- Encourage individuals, families and people groups to embrace the Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle, and
- Invite every people group and each individual within our region to join this community of believers and prepare for the imminent return of Jesus Christ.