Ellen White on the Holy Spirit as the Third Person in the Godhead
Here follows a few of the many quotations from Ellen White where she mentions the Holy Spirit as the third person in the Godhead.
1. Three Persons in Heavenly Trio.-"There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit-those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ."-Evangelism, p. 615.
2. Godhead United in Redemption.-"The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption."Counsels on Health, p. 222.
3. Three Great Powers of Heaven.-"Those who proclaim the third angel's message must put on the whole armor of God, that they may stand boldly at their post, in the face of detraction and falsehood, fighting the good fight of faith, resisting the enemy with the word, ‘It is written.' Keep yourselves where the three great powers of heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, can be your efficiency.-The Southern Watchman, Feb. 23, 1904, p. 122.
4. Cooperation of Three Imperative.-"Our sanctification is the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is the fulfillment of the covenant that God has made with those who bind themselves up with Him, to stand with Him, with His Son, and with His Spirit in holy fellowship. Have you been born again? Have you become a new being in Christ Jesus? Then co-operate with the three great powers of heaven who are working in your behalf."-The Signs of the Times, June 19, 1901.
5. Three Eternal Dignitaries.-"The eternal heavenly dignitaries-God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit- . . . would advance with them to the work and convince the world of sin."-Evangelism, p. 616.
6. The Three Highest Powers.-"We are to co-operate with the three highest powers in heaven,-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost,-and these powers will work through us, making us workers together with God."-Ibid., p. 617.
7. The Threefold Name.-"Those who are baptized in the threefold name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, at the very entrance of their Christian life declare publicly that they have forsaken the service of Satan, and have become members of the royal family, children of the heavenly King."-Testimonies, vol. 6, p. 91.