Abuse Prevention Day ~ August 28, 2010
Abuse Prevention Day ~ August 23
WM Emphasis Day ~ June 13
International Day of Prayer ~ March 7
Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Find information on what is abuse in Domestic Violence section
- If you are in an abusive relationship or need information on domestic violence you can ring the Adventist Support line free of charge:
- Australia 1800 220 468
- Norfolk Island 1800 1410
- New Zealand 0800 442 458
- If you are a pastor or a leader in your community and need resources to educate people about domestic violence, visit the Violence in Families Taskforce webpage.
- If you are looking for counselling services, you can contact the Family Ministries department for recommended services.
Women of Hope book
A collection of inspirational stories of hope, courage and faith. Edited by Joy Butler.
Contact the Women's Ministries Department or visit your local Adventist Book Centre to purchase this book.
Woman's Christian Temperance Union
The Woman's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) was organized in 1874 by women who were concerned about the problems alcohol was causing their families and society. The members chose total abstinence from all alcohol as their life style and protection of the home as their watchword.
In Australia there are many local unions scattered throughout every state. It has become a recognised power in the area of social, moral and political progress. It enables women to successfully fight against some of humanity's greatest social problems - alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gambling, pornography, prostitution.
For more information on how to join the WCTU in Australia contact Erna Johnson (Women's Ministries director for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific)
True Love Waits
This is a resource for young people to say 'no' to sex before marriage. True Love Waits was started by Richard Ross, a youth worker in USA. Richard decided to show teenagers just how many of their peers were still virgins and that it was perfectly acceptable to remain chaste until marriage.
True Love Waits Goals
Our main goals are for the youth of Australia to:
- Make informed, responsible decisions
- Unite, speak out and stand together in taking pride in their virginity/secondary virginity
- Be made aware of the good, positive reasons to wait until marriage
- Live, experience and find true love in their lives
- Be given tools to combat the immense pressure to become sexually active
To find out more visit their website www.truelovewaits.com.au. Educational resources are also listed under the Products link.
You can contact the Women's Ministries department if you would like an information pack on True Love Waits. Other resources the department can offer you -
- "Basics for Sexual Education in the Home" by Alberta Mazat, well renowned Seventh-day Adventist writer. This is useful for parents and educational purposes.
- "Staying Pure" by Stephanie Perry Moore. A good romantic story for young people.